We offer 4 decoration methods; screen (pantone colors, no half-tones supported), offset (cmyk or pantone colors in higher qtys), digitally printed vignettes and blind deboss.
Ask your customer service representative to email you the dieline template for the item in your order.
The dielines are in pdf format which can be opened in artwork programs Illustrator and InDesign. If you need to view it for reference - you can also open this file in an acrobat program like Reader.
The dieline is the outside view. When setting art - please set the art on a layer separate from the dieline so that we easily prepare output plates & films after the proof is approved. The dieline will not print and is just there as a guide.
If your order will be screened or offset printed - you only need the item dieline. If your order will use vignette decoration - you also need the vignette dieline template in the specific size used for your order (for example, 3 x 1.5, or 3.5 x 5.5).
If your art includes bleed or full-color - please provide bleed of at least 1/8th, but preferably 1/4th when you set to the dieline template.
When you send your art back to us please;
- convert all fonts to outlines
- all text & graphics (non-photographs) should be vector *(see below for definition), which means that colors can be separated in an art program
- all photo images must be at least 300 dpi at actual size
- if you use InDesign and are linking files - please check those files to make sure fonts are converted, text/graphics are converted, and photos are high resolution
- save to version CS3 for InDesign and Illustrator
- please supply a PDF for reference
Getting Art to us:
Either email art to Artwork@theplatformgroupgallery.com, to your customer service representative or Upload your Art from our WebSite - left-hand navigation; send us art for an order.
Once we receive your usable art, we will prepare a digital proof for your approval. Your customer service representative will email that digital proof (it will be a PDF format) to you within 1 business day of artwork receipt. The PDF digital proof will be editable so you can make changes if needed.
If you have any questions about artwork or setting the art, please email and our Design Manager will be glad to assist you. For Customer Service Support, 888-880-4790 press 1 -- or email Artwork@theplatformgroupgallery.com
There are simple artwork instructions for each method. Choose the download for the appropriate method (method used for your order). These are blind so if you choose you can download and email to your client.
Screen-Print Instructions - Download Screen.pdf
Vignette Instructions - Download Vignette.pdf
Blind Deboss Instructions - Download Deboss.pdf
Offset Instructions - Download Offset.pdf
If you have questions about the imprint method - click through the link behind the art type above - or contact your customer service representative for guidance. Often clients send us draft art so we can advise the best imprint method. You can also email Artwork@ThePlatformGroupGallery.com if you have any questions concerning artwork creation.
VECTOR ARTWORK - definition from Promotional Products Industry Smart Codes
Must be saved in the Postscript Format and contain no Postscript errors, stray points or colors assigned inconsistently to the type of imprinting -- specifically
- if your order will be screened or embossed; then all colors must be 100% of a PANTONE COLOR, no half-tones of a color
- if your order will be digitally (vignette) printed - colors must be set as CMYK, half-tones OK
- if your order will be offset printed, colors must set as CMYK or PANTONE, half-tones OK